|Scott Kingery, image- Jay Floyd|
The participating individuals were asked to rank their personal top 30, which were tabulated on a points system based on each ranking to determine the paper's published list of top prospects.
Participating individuals included Lehigh Valley beat reporter Tom Housenick, Tony Graham of the Lakewood BlueClaws, Mike Ventola of the Reading Fightins, Williamsport beat writer Mitch Rupert, Matt Winkleman of Crashburn Alley and several others including me.
Second baseman Scott Kingery, who represented the Phillies in the MLB All-Star Futures Game this summer and has been raking all year in a split season between Double-A Reading and Triple-A Lehigh Valley, tallied the most overall points. Ranked best overall by the group, the 23-year-old was the Phils' second round draft selection in 2015.
In 124 games thus far this season, Kingery has tallied a .305 batting average with 25 home runs, 64 RBI and 28 stolen bases.
First baseman/outfielder Rhys Hoskins landed in the 2nd spot on the Reading Eagle's list. The 24-year-old is off to an historic starts to his major league career since his promotion to the Phillies earlier this month. In 18 games, Hoskins, who was the Phils' 5th round draft choice in 2014, sports a .297 average and has driven in 24 runs. His pace in reaching 11 home runs in his big league career is the swiftest ever.
Shortstop J.P. Crawford, widely ranked as the Phillies' top prospect in recent years, since he was their 1st round pick in 2013, fell back to fourth with surging pitching prospect Sixto Sanchez coming in at third on the Reading Eagle's list.
The full top 30 is listed below.
2017 Phillies prospect list
(with position, current club)
1. Scott Kingery, 2B, Lehigh Valley 519
2. Rhys Hoskins, 1B, Philadelphia 479
3. Sixto Sanchez, P, Clearwater 470
4. J.P. Crawford, SS, Lehigh Valley 441
5. Cornelius Randolph, OF, Clearwater 385
6. Adam Haseley, OF, Williamsport 384
7. Mickey Moniak, OF, Lakewood 379
8. Franklyn Kilome, P, Reading 371
9. Jorge Alfaro, C, Lehigh Valley 357
10. Adonis Medina, P, Lakewood 326
11. Jhailyn Ortiz, OF, Williamsport 301
12. Thomas Eshelman, P, Lehigh Valley 294
13. JoJoRomero, P, Lakewood 267
14. Carlos Tocci, OF, Lehigh Valley 244
15. Ranger Suarez, P, Lakewood 229
16. Roman Quinn, OF, Lehigh Valley 228
17. Drew Anderson, P, Lehigh Valley 218
18. Dylan Cozens, OF, Lehigh Valley 203
19. Jessen Therrien, P, Philadelphia 164
20. Seranthony Dominquez, P, Gulf Coast 146
21. Daniel Brito, 2B, Lakewood 144
22. Ben Lively, P, Philadelphia 137
23. Elniery Garcia, P, Reading 127
24. Cole Irvin, P, Reading 109
25. Ricardo Pinto, P, Philadelphia 108
26. Kevin Gowdy, P, (injured) 88
27. Spencer Howard, P, Williamsport 69
28. Andrew Pullin, OF, Lehigh Valley 61
29. Jonathan Guzman, SS, Gulf Coast 5630. Yacksel Rios, P, Philadelphia 53
Players not considered based on service time in the big leagues included Jake Thompson, Nick Williams, Mark Leiter Jr. and Nick Pivetta.